Thank you for your interest in a home with Carolina Moves. Applications are processed in the order received and must be accompanied by the application fee and supporting documents to start processing. It is understood that more than one set of applications may be taken on the property and applications fees are non-refundable. Please be advised the burden of completing the application and providing the required additional documentation is the responsibility of the applicant. Incomplete applications will delay the process and could result in rewarding the property to another applicant, or even denial.
Anyone 18 years or older is required to apply and pay an application fee. Each person must complete an individual application and include all occupants on each application. Application fees are $55 per person and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Approval is based on the following criteria:
- At least one adult applicant must have a credit score of 600 or higher.
- Proof of sufficient income. The applicant with the 600 credit score or higher must have a verified gross income equal to 3X (three times) or greater than the monthly rental amount, or all applicants that have a 600 or higher credit score may combine income that is equal to 3X (three times) or greater than the monthly rental amount.
- Verified proof of income as noted in the application.
- Completed pet screening and requirements must be completed and acceptable to the pet policies as listed for both the property and Carolina Moves.
- Within the past 5 years, no eviction filings, no open bankruptcy, and no criminal charges.
- We cannot rent to someone with an open landlord balance.
- No negative Landlord reference within the past 5 years.
*In the event your application fee reverses due to insufficient funds, your application may be automatically declined. Co-signers for applicants that do not meet the credit or income may be considered and are required to meet all requirements as stated with a 700 or higher credit score. Applicants with no credit score and or co-signer are required to have a work visa, letter of employment including transfer and meet all other requirements.
Employment and Income Requirements
- Please list all employers over past 2 years.
- Provide last 2 pay stubs + employers info provided on application (actual pay stub to include name, employer, current and YTD pay).
- Provide an offer letter IF new employment has been confirmed and you have not received a pay stub to date. Offer letters are required to be on company letterhead to include position, start date, rate of pay, employee status, and signatures by all parties.
- If self-employed the most current tax return (first 2 pages) and 3 months personal bank statements are required.
- Documents can be attached to the application. The applicant with the 600 credit score or higher must have a verified gross income equal to 3X (three times) or greater than the monthly rental amount, or all applicants that have a 600 or higher credit score may combine income that is equal to 3X (three times) or greater than the monthly rental amount.
Example: Rent $1,000 per month requires $3,000 in gross income.
Rental/Mortgage History Information Required
Rental or mortgage history is required for the last 2 years. Please be sure to include all information.
Please fill out "Additional Occupants" section for everyone that will occupy the home regardless of age. Anyone that is 18 years or older should be listed here, and complete an individual application, and application fee. Anyone that will be occupying the home must be listed on the application. Please note that schools often require minor children to be named on the lease for registration.
Carolina Moves requires a 3rd party pet screening and/or a request to keep an assistance animal for all properties. Pet screening requires a fee paid to the screening provider of $20 for the 1st pet, $15 for each additional pet, and no charge for an assistance animal. Applications that have not completed all required documents including the pet screening within 24 hrs. will be deferred until all information can be provided. Please review and complete the screening on our Pet Policy
Although Carolina Moves has a general pet policy that can be viewed at the above link, each home has an individual policy that may limit, restrict, or exclude pets per the Owners desire. Please be sure to check the pet policy for the home located in the details of the home, as application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
What Other Charges Will I Be Charged?
The Carolina Moves Resident Benefits Package delivers savings, and convenient, professional services that make taking care of your home second nature. By applying, Applicant(s) agrees to be enrolled and to pay the applicable cost of $35.95 per month, payable with rent. For more information please see Resident Benefits Package
What Happens Once I'm Approved?
You will receive an email outlining your approval and requirements for leasing the selected home. You will be required to provide the following:
- Reservation Fee is due within 1 business day.
- Lease confirmation via an electronic signature program which will need to be completed within 24 hrs.
- Move in dates should not be less than 5 business days from the lease signing date in order to provide time for move-in reports, and verification of utilities and information needed for proper account setup.
Prior to move-in the following must be completed by all parties:
- All balances must be paid in full. Reservation fee equal to 1 months rent plus 1 full month rent. Pro-rated rent if not moving in on the 1st of the month will be charged on the 2nd month.
- Utilities must be transferred and verified with the account number into lease holders name to start no later than your lease start date.
It may take 5 or more business days to complete the move in process which allows time for account creation, verification of lease requirements, and move-in reports to be completed. If you are moving within the next 14 days, please confirm your desired move in date prior to applying.
BY SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPT THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.